How to install the Backup Manager on multiple Windows computers in your local network
Our solution gives you an opportunity to install the Backup Manager on one or more Windows machines in your local network. Thus individual users won’t need to download an installer themselves and go through a standard installation and user identification process.
You need a Windows computer connected to a network to start taking advantage of the feature. Here are steps to follow:
3. Open the Cloud Management Console. Unhide the Partners panel (if it is not visible in your workspace) and set the view to “Devices view” using the “View” menu at the top:
4. Paste your device name into the filter on the Main pane. It will help you find the right entry:
5. Right-click your device name. In the opened window, please, select “Remote installation”, then “Start scanning”:
6. Enter your access credentials to the local network (you’ll get a confirmation that a network scanning will start shortly):
7. Hold on till the scanning process is complete. It generally takes about 30 minutes or a bit longer depending on the number of computers in the local network and their response time.
8. Right-click your main device and go to “Remote installation “, then “Show child devices”. You will see the list of Windows computers currently accessible with your network credentials:
9. Select one or several child devices and choose “Remote installation”, then “Start installation”. You will be asked to enter your network access credentials once again. In addition, you will be able to set up a private encryption key to ensure that no one else will be able to access your data.